Friday, May 13, 2011

Andy Goldsworthy

   
    A British sculptor, photographer and environmentalist producing site-specific sculpture and land art situated in natural and urban settings. He lives and works in Scotland.The materials used in Andy Goldsworthy's art often include brightly-coloured flowers, icicles, leaves, mud, pinecones, snow, stone, twigs, and thorns. He has been quoted as saying, "I think it's incredibly brave to be working with flowers and leaves and petals. But I have to: I can't edit the materials I work with. My remit is to work with nature as a whole. Goldsworthy is generally considered the founder of modern rock balancing. Photography plays a crucial role in his art due to its often ephemeral and transient state. According to Goldsworthy, "Each work grows, stays, decays – integral parts of a cycle which the photograph shows at its heights, marking the moment when the work is most alive. There is an intensity about a work at its peak that I hope is expressed in the image. Process and decay are implicit."


      I like Goldworthys work because it is vibrant like me! It has a bit of nature, geometry, and focus all inone. I think that with all of these characteristics his art is one of the best I've seen in a whiole becaue he gives you a slim variation of the types but he perfects the craft of what he is familiar with and that is important here in the art world. i understand that being abtract and rebellious gets more atttention but sometimes I just want the normalcy of nature with a hint of beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment